- 1.1 When we talk about child pornography, we are specifically referring to pornography involving people under the age of 18, being punishable in our country any person who produces, trades, distributes, disseminates, exhibits or intentionally acquires or stores it, by whatever means.
- 1.2 Possessing, receiving, and trafficking child pornography are serious federal crimes that deserve punishment.
- 1.3 Child pornography is defined as;
- 1.3.1 a photographic, film, video or other visual representation, whether or not it was made by electronic or mechanical means:
- 22.214.171.124 that shows a person who is depicted as being under the age of eighteen years and is engaged in or is depicted as engaged in explicit sexual activity; or
- 126.96.36.199 the dominant characteristic of which is the depiction, for a sexual purpose, of a sexual organ or the anal region of a person under the age of eighteen years;
- 188.8.131.52 any written material, visual representation or audio recording that advocates or counsels sexual activity with a person under the age of eighteen years that would be an offence under this Act;
- 184.108.40.206 any audio recording that has as its dominant characteristic the description, presentation or representation, for a sexual purpose, of sexual activity with a person under the age of eighteen years that would be an offense under this Act.
- 2.1 NZBreader will not ignore or tolerate any incident of child pornography material spread.
- 2.3 NZBreader indicates and prevents the sexual exploitation of children by working cooperatively with other services who fights against Child Pornography.
- 2.4 NZBreader shall review resources allocated to the prevention, detection, investigation and eradication of child pornography.
3. WHAT IS TAKEDOWN?
- 3.1 Takedown is considered to be a vital tool in removing child sexual abuse material at its source, keeping the Internet free of this content, and disrupting the cycle of sexual exploitation and abuse of children and their re-victimization.
- 3.2 It refers to a company’s procedures for handling reports that may come from users or companies who try to prevent the spread of Child pornography that child sexual abuse material has been detected.
- 3.3 Takedown means acting promptly to identify whether the reported material is illegal, and if so, to remove and isolate the content from being viewed or circulated by the public.
- 3.4 If child sexual abuse material is confirmed, it should be deleted immediately from networks and services.
4. HOW IT WORKS
- 4.1 The users or companies who try to prevent the spread of Child pornography give NZBReader a complaint about a certain case of child sexual abuse material spreading has been detected.
- 4.2. NZBReader Disables Access to the Content immediately.
- 4.3 If you find any case of child sexual abuse material on NZBReader – no matter whether you are agent or not, please forward the information to the Support Team.
5. SUMMARY AND CONCLUSIONS
- 5.1 To be effective, takedown requires national, regional and international cooperation and the sharing of information, knowledge and best practice, as evidenced by the tremendous efforts of industry, hotlines, law enforcement and non-governmental organizations in various jurisdictions. Such efforts should inform the revision and development of legal frameworks to ensure strong foundations for action in an increasingly connected world.
- 5.2 Interoperability between legal frameworks across borders is necessary to ensure there is no space online for child sexual abuse material.
- 5.3 Combating child sexual abuse material and keeping children safe from sexual exploitation is everyone’s responsibility, and needs us all to play our part. You can help ensure your organization supports the identification and elimination of child sexual abuse material by using the guidance in this document – and forging relationships with industry colleagues, hotlines and law enforcement to create a better world for children.
6. Submitting Notices
- 6.1 If you are ready to submit a takedown:
Submit a child sexual abuse material takedown